||Registry of biomedical companies:
  [A] [B] [C] [D] [E] [F] [G] [H] [I] [J] [K] [L] [M] [N] [O] [P] [Q] [R] [S] [T] [U] [V] [W] [X] [Y] [Z] 588 active entries
68 Cumberland Street, Suite 301
United States of America, Rhode Island
Phone: 401 762-0045
Stock symbol: MCET.
MultiCell Technologies, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company pursuing research and development of novel therapeutics and discovery tools that address unmet medical needs: treatment of degenerative neurological disorders, multiple sclerosis (MS), hepatic disease and cancer.
MCET's therapeutic development platform relies on several patented technologies used to: (i) isolate, characterize and differentiate stem cells from human liver, or (ii) control the immune response at transcriptional and translational levels through dsRNA-sensing molecules such as Toll-like receptor (TLR), RIG-I-like receptor (RLR), and MDA-5 signaling, or (iii) generate specific and potent immunity against key tumor targets through a novel immunoglobulin platform technology, or (iv) modulate the noradrenaline-adrenaline neurotransmitter pathway.
MCET's therapeutic development platform offers several key advantages:
- Selective modulation of noradrenergic neurons without influencing seratoninergic neurons to inhibit the reuptake of noradrenaline (norepinephrine) while promoting increased tyrosine hydroxylase activity for the treatment of primary multiple sclerosis-related fatigue (PMSF) affecting over 70% of all persons with multiple sclerosis (MS).
- Unlike other immune modulating compounds, our use of novel synthetic dsRNAs is not species or sequence-specific yet enables selective control of critical immune signaling pathways, and therefore has the potential in a broader spectrum of therapeutic applications as a monotherapy or in combination with other therapies.
- Coupling our synthetic double stranded RNA (dsRNA) platform technology with our therapeutic antibody technology, maximizes the potential of disease-associated epitope peptides to create a novel class of more effective anticancer therapeutics.
- The potential to isolate cancer stem cells from human liver in support of the development of novel therapeutics needed to effectively manage and treat patients with primary hepatocellular carcinoma.
Our portfolio of lead drug candidates is in various stages of discovery optimization, and preclinical and clinical development:
- MCT-125, a Phase 2 therapeutic candidate for the treatment of PMSF which has demonstrated efficacy in a 138 patient Phase IIa clinical trial.
- MCT-465, a preclinical synthetic dsRNA therapeutic candidate and potent immune enhancer for the treatment of solid tumor cancers such as those expressing TLR-3.
- MCT-475, a discovery stage antibody therapeutic candidate used in combination with dsRNA for the treatment of solid tumor cancers.
- MCT-485, a discovery stage dsRNA therapeutic candidate with tumor cytolytic properties for the treatment of certain cancers.
MultiCell also is majority owner of Xenogenics Corp., which is developing a cardiac stent, and the
MultiCell ImmunoTherapeutics subsidiary which is based in San Diego, CA.
Last update of this entry: March 01, 2016
Bookmark and Share this page (what is this?)
Social bookmarking allows users to save and categorise a personal collection of bookmarks and share them with others. This is different to using your own browser bookmarks which are available using the menus within your web browser.
Use the links below to share this article on the social bookmarking site of your choice.
Read more about social bookmarking at Wikipedia - Social Bookmarking