|Registry of biomedical companies:
   [A] [B] [C] [D] [E] [F] [G] [H] [I] [J] [K] [L] [M] [N] [O] [P] [Q] [R] [S] [T] [U] [V] [W] [X] [Z] 537 active entries
Camino de las Huertas, 2
Pozuelo de Alarcón
Phone: 34 91 5096000
Fax: 34 91 7159137
Please notice: This entry hasn't been updated by the submitting company for more than 2 years. It could be possible that this company doesn't longer exists.
INDAS BIOTECH is the result of a spin-off from LABORATORIOS INDAS, a company that has been in the market of disposable sanitary goods for more than 50 years, and is in these days the biggest dressing producer in Spain. A brief summary of LABORATORIOS INDAS and our activities can be accessed at our web page: www.indas.com.
INDAS BIOTECH has been financing biotechnology projects since 2002 and is currently looking for partners to cooperate in some of these projects or to license them, due to the potential of the discoveries so far and the promising perspectives they have.
Our main areas of interest are:
-Cell therapy with adult stem cells: 3 projects in progress:
-Heart regeneration after MI - with autologous stem cells. This project is estimated to enter in Phase II (Europe) by next June.
-Bone reparation (arthrodesis and possibly ostheoporosis)
-Cancer diagnose/prognose: about half of our projects are in this area. So far, we have successfully identified biomarkers for diagnosing and/or prognosing several types of cancer. Our more promising projects are:
- Bladder cancer markers: preliminary results with 114 patients show a sensitivity of 98% and specificity of 100%. Validation studies with larger populations are forecasted to start by mid this year.
- Breast cancer markers: preliminary results with 430 patients show a sensitivity of 97% and specificity of 27%. CA 15-3, the golden standard, has 91% and 9% respectively. Validation studies with larger populations are forecasted to start this year.
In the search for biomarkers we have identified potential targets for cancer therapy that may be of your interest too.
- Cardiovascular diseases: we are about to market a product called, F12™ , a thrombosis genetic risk marker and have several other projects ongoing related with biomarkers for atherosclerosis early diagnose and thrombosis.
- Alzheimer disease: 2 projects in this area looking for early diagnose markers.
- Fertility: HALOSPERM™, a kit to determine the DNA fragmentation level in spermatozoa, to help to diagnose infertility in men is already being sold through distributors in several countries.
Last update of this entry: June 22, 2006