Netzealous LLC - MentorHealth, Online Event
HIPAA requires you to have both a Contingency Operations Plan and a Disaster Recovery Plan in place. In case you are wondering, being on a cloud-based EHR is not a Disaster Recovery Plan.
When disaster hits your practice - hurricane, flood, tornado, fire - there are hundreds of items that need to be addressed. Your number one goal is to start generating revenue again - that means seeing patients ASAP. In reality, a Contingency plan and a Disaster plan work hand-in-hand together.
There are so many overlapping parts that it just makes sense to talk about them as one big plan.
Why should you Attend: You show up at your practice and there is nothing but a smoldering pile of ashes. What are the first 3 things you are going to do? What are the next 5 things you are going to do? As your world spins around you with hundreds of questions being asked of you. What are you going to do?
Areas Covered in the Session:
- The HIPAA Requirement
- Data Backup Plan (for those not on the cloud)
- Data Access Plan (for those on the cloud)
- Your Contingency Plan Location
- Your Contingency Team
- Alternate Practice Sites
- The Immediate Utilities (phones/Internet)
- Your (old fashioned) Paper Process
- Who do you Contact at your EHR
- What if you can't Contact your IT Person
- Patient Contact Plan
- Equipment Replacement
Who Will Benefit:
- All Positions can Benefit with Added focus for HIPAA security office
- Practice Manager
- Business Associates