Overview: The best way to do this is through a series of time controls that start with you:
You need help and you know it. Hiring using testing may help cut the time and bringing onboard the wrong person. So can using a search firm. Both can be expensive. For smaller organizations, especially those without an HR person, it can seem overwhelming and too time consuming as well as"not in the budget". There are options to help you pay for additional staff, train the staff you have, but the hiring process can still be too much to deal with. There is an answer if you focus on"the right stuff"and plan accordingly. You need to be in compliance and above all that means being fair fair to potential employees but also fair to you and your business or organization.
Even without tests and search firms you can save both time and money and hire right.
- Knowing"who"as well as"what"you need to accomplish current and future goals
- Understanding the culture of your organization, its stakeholders, and influencers
- Having a clear hiring message and process and onboarding system
- Setting limits and rules and sticking by them when hiring
Why should you Attend: What did it really cost you in time and money to hire someone the last time? It may have been work it if they worked out. But, wouldn't it be better if you could onboard someone faster and not have to work harder to get your other work done? You can, if you focus on the"right stuff".
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Identifying and profiling all the relevant characteristics of the employee you need and who will fit into your corporate culture
- Arriving at a hiring budget as well as determining what you can afford to pay and offer as benefits
- Creating a plan and process to hire that gets people working sooner
- Knowing options to help you pay for new employees, train or retrain existing employees, more space or a better location
- Getting"buy in"for the plan from the top to the bottom of the organization and the stakeholders
- Putting the new hiring plan into action
- Tracking and Evaluating the Plan
Who Will Benefit:
- Owners of Small Businesses
- Top Management Staff (C- Level)
- Marketing & Sales Directors with inside or outside Sales Teams
- Operations Manager
- Vendors to Larger Businesses
- Non-profit Presidents or CEO's