||Registry of biomedical companies:
   [A] [B] [C] [D] [E] [F] [G] [H] [I] [J] [K] [L] [M] [N] [O] [P] [Q] [R] [S] [T] [U] [V] [W] [X] [Z] 541 active entries
10929 Technology Place, Suite B
San Diego, 92127
United States of America, California
Phone: 858 485 9101
Fax: 858 485 9131
Please notice: This entry hasn't been updated by the submitting company for more than 2 years. It could be possible that this company doesn't longer exists.
Sapient Discovery offers powerful and proven structure-based approach to drug discovery in the identificationn and optimization of leads from protein structures termed, Genes-to-Leads®, combines three technologies the (i) Augmented Homology ModelingTM, (ii) Genes to LeadsTM small molecule lead generation, and (iii) Fragments to LeadsTM for fragment based lead discovery with X-ray crystallography, (iv) X-ray crystallography based determination of the mode of binding such inhibitors/antagonists to protein drug targets.
Lead Optimization with Structural Pharmacogenomics: Sapient Discovery has extensive experience in determining and rank ordering the binding of an inhibitor or drug with its respective target and its associated polymorphisms. Polymorphisms in drug targets arise from mutations that arise due drug exposure and/or genetic variation. Sapient Discovery’s structural pharmacogenomics platform provides a practical way to address the implications of the distribution of polymorphisms by race, gender, and genetic predisposition to disease using which potential new drugs are estimated to work for the largest fraction of the patient population.
- Augmented Homology ModelingTM: A structural bioinformatics based method to derive highly accurate three-dimensional protein models with proprietary loop building.
- Genes to Leads™ Technology A rapid lead generation technology for peptide/non-peptide, small molecule drug leads based upon differential three-dimensional structures derived from the dynamic conformations and intrinsic structural differences between drug targets and anti-targets within weeks.
- Fragments to Leads™: Experimental approach to find lead molecule with confirmation of mechanistic binding. Sapient Discovery has over 10,000 (still growing) unique drug-like fragments with enough synthetic handles, that could be used against novel targets for identifying novel, drug-like, small molecule lead molecules and subsequent optimization.
- X-ray Crystallography based solving of three-dimensional structures of novel proteins, antibodies, antibody-antigen and protein-small molecule complexes. Cloning, expression, purification, proprietary crystallization methods, structure-determination and refinement have been established at Sapient Discovery. Experienced team in place for using this technique in structure-based drug design and optimization by deriving co-crystal structures of lead compounds.
- Full service Protein Production capabilities. Can produce proteins in micro gram to milligram quantities at a purity of 80 to 95% depending on the needs of the client.
Last update of this entry: October 06, 2011